Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Too Late?

I'm feeling so guilty that it has taken me so long to record in any kind of formal way my thoughts and memories about the kids. I have notes jotted down in our fridge calendars going back to birth - all stacked up by the file cabinet waiting for me to transfer all the milestones into their baby books. They are 3 and a half. LAME.

Ellie is "star student" this week, and we are visiting school and making posters to tell the class about Ellie and her family and our culture and traditions. I guess we need to get some culture and traditions (at least besides Thursday night movie night. Or movie night whatever night they are out of control and we don't feel like making them sit at the table for dinner. We are firm believers in "picnics").

I was taking pictures of our house and Ellie's room to share, and realized that I don't think I ever took good photos of that room when the kids shared it. I'll have to wade through hundreds of digital photos (also waiting to be printed and put into albums) to find some.

So at least here I can share photos of their "big kid rooms."

Ron worked so hard to hang those letters - I couldn't mention that the kerning is off.


The rabbit print hung in my dad's room when he was a boy.

Oh you cursed basket of animals - your numbers are insane.

I love Jack's room, too. We just got the curtains from Ikea.


Oh you cursed couch full of animals - your numbers are insane.



***

Latest addition to Ellie's list of potential Halloween costumes: bubble bath.

No comments: